Translate

Monday, February 19, 2018

Big Horn River Fishing Report - Thermopolis, WY

We've been on the water the last few days and the fishing has been pretty damn good. I'd say we were consistently hooking 20-40 fish depending on how many anglers were in the boat and how cold the weather got. The trout have been eating sow bugs and midge for us, but I'm not seeing any sow bugs in stomach samples, only midge... olive, black and cream. As I'm writing this the temps outside are barely 3degrees. Gonna be a cold week. Things seem to get warmer as we transition into March.

Ryan with a Big Horn Rainbow and a little sunshine on his shoulder

Flows are still around 1250cfs. Nymphing has been very consistent in the first couple miles of the river but things get a little spotty in the afternoon, I'm not sure if its time of day or location in the river.

Plenty of open dates in March and I'd really like to get a couple trips going at the end of February, weather permitting obviously. The North Fork Shoshone oughtta get to fishin' pretty good here in the next couple weeks for pre-spawn rainbows or Wyoming steelhead.

 Alyssa will be out of town Feb 25-March 2 on her annual steelhead sojourn with Brazda's Fly Fishing in Forks, WA, leaving me here to my own de(vices)... I'd love to go fishing especially if the weather man sticks to his guns and we see those 45-50degree days.

Keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment