Translate

Monday, February 12, 2018

On the water report

I could've swore i saw 50 degree days in the forecast for this week... I'm gonna blame it on this guy


 I did get a half-day trip in last week before the temps plummeted. We boated about a dozen of these, one was about 16" and the rest were 18"-22"... we probly lost just as many fishing small midge on light tippet... yikes. Stomach samples reveal a few sow bugs and tiny scuds but mostly midge larvae and pupae.

We've got a few trips going out this week, I'll be sure to report back.

Also this weekend... I think the Cody TU chapter is doing a river cleanup on Sunday, so there will be a lot of boats out there. And as much as I love to see the river cleaned up of trash and inner tubes, maybe we can leave a few tires and barrels in the middle of the river this year for trout structure, since we don't have big rocks or log jams...

See ya on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment